The winter season is tough for staying in shape because cold weather makes it harder to stay active. It’s not uncommon for people to gain weight because they may not be outdoors as much taking walks or doing other activities. It’s also easier to fall into a rut, watching TV, hanging around the house, just keeping warm. But there are many different ways to keep yourself occupied at home while helping you staying in shape, physically and mentally.
- Take up a new hobby.
- To keep yourself busier in the cold months, take up a new hobby. From knitting to learning meditation to baking. It will keep you busy and you can learn a new skill while doing so.
- Cook more instead of ordering in.
- Take out a cookbook or look up a recipe online. Learning to cook is always a fun activity and tastes good too.
- Utilize the space in your house to keep active.
- Use a chair to do some step ups or dips. Use a countertop to do some pushups. Use a rug to do some ab workouts.
- Invest in a fitness device
- Whether you get a Fitbit to track your steps, use MyFitnessPal to track what you’re eating or the calories, or use an Apple Watch. It could be a good reminder to get walking even if its just around your house.