Dementia & Memory Care in Brookhaven
Many challenges face the family of an individual living with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Our community’s memory and dementia care at The Chelsea At Brookhaven, NY, offers a friendly, supportive, and secure environment where seniors with memory loss can live with comfort and dignity and their families can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing their loved one is enjoying the best quality of life possible.
The Country Cottage
Within the secure, comfortable setting of The Country Cottage at The Chelsea at Brookhaven, our caring, highly trained professional staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist residents and enhance their physical and emotional well-being. We offer an innovative, personalized program where residents with memory impairment receive the stimulation and encouragement they need to preserve skills and to thrive with the highest possible level of independence.
At The Country Cottage, every resident enjoys the assistance of our dedicated staff, the company of neighbors and friends, stimulating social and recreational activities, and the privacy of a personal or shared apartment. Long-term and short-term respite/trial stays in attractively furnished rooms are also available. All residents benefit from our specialized amenities and services, including:
- 24-hour staff and registered nurse (RN)
- On-site medical consultations
- Full service beauty salon
- Apartment decorated with familiar personal items and photographs
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, hygiene, medication management, and bathroom assistance
- Housekeeping, personal laundry, and linen service
- Three delicious, healthy meals daily, plus snacks
- Specially trained therapeutic recreation staff
- Beautifully appointed parlors
- Unique central common areas and lounges
- Compassionate, expert care from our multi-disciplinary teams
Brookhaven Memory and Dementia Care
Residents of The Country Cottage receive comprehensive assessment services through cooperative relationships with multidisciplinary teams of social workers, nurses, psychologists, and board-certified geriatric psychologists from leading area hospitals and private agencies.
For more information about The Chelsea at Brookhaven specialized services for those with memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, or to schedule a visit with us call 631-816-2339
The Chelsea at Brookhaven
1 Meadows Lane
Yaphank, NY 11980
Suffolk County, NY