Dementia & Memory Care in Fanwood
Many challenges face the family of an individual living with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Our community’s memory and dementia care in Fanwood, NJ offers a friendly, supportive, and secure environment where seniors with memory loss can live with comfort and dignity… and their families can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing their loved one is enjoying the best quality of life possible.
The Country Cottage
Within the secure, comfortable setting of The Country Cottage at The Chelsea at Fanwood, our caring, highly trained professional staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist residents and enhance their physical and emotional well-being. We offer an innovative, personalized program where residents with memory impairment receive the stimulation and encouragement they need to preserve skills and to thrive with the highest possible level of independence.
At The Country Cottage, every resident enjoys the assistance of our dedicated staff; the company of neighbors and friends; stimulating social and recreational activities; and the privacy of a personal or shared apartment. Long-term and short-term respite stays in attractively furnished rooms are also available. All residents benefit from our specialized amenities and services, including:
- 24-hour staff and registered nurse (RN)
- Apartment decorated with familiar personal items and photographs
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, hygiene, medication management, and bathroom assistance
- Housekeeping, personal laundry, and linen service
- Three delicious, healthy meals daily
- Specially trained therapeutic recreation staff
- Beautifully appointed parlors
- Unique central common areas and lounges
- Many communities feature secure outdoor areas
- Compassionate, expert care from our multi-disciplinary teams
Breezeways for Early Memory Loss
The Chelsea at Fanwood now offers a senior living option for individuals with early signs of memory loss who would benefit from a safe and structured environment.
Breezeways, is designed for those seniors who are still high-functioning, but are experiencing the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s or dementia. It’s a perfect solution for individuals who need the reassurance of structure, but are still semi-independent.
Special programming for Breezeways residents includes:
- Physical and mental acuity enhancement
- Skills programs
- Support groups & social interaction
- Daily activities designed to encourage independence
- Regular group outings
- Program supervised by Certified Dementia Practitioner
Fanwood Memory Care
Residents of the Country Cottage and Breezeways receive comprehensive assessment services through cooperative relationships with multidisciplinary teams of social workers, nurses, psychologists, and board-certified geriatric psychologists from leading area hospitals and private agencies.
For more information about The Chelsea at Fanwood specialized services for those with memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, or to schedule a visit with us call 908-654-5200.
The Chelsea at Fanwood
295 South Avenue
Fanwood, NJ 07023 – Get Directions
Union County, NJ
908-654-5200 | fax: 908-789-0451
Executive Director: Annette Watson
This is a wonderful place, ideal for seniors. There are so many great activities and opportunities.